What happened to Quake3world?
Started by CZghost
CZghost Rep. 1681
#1   28 Jul 2013
When tried to access the main page at forum index, I saw 404 not found. When tried to access main page at root, I saw this text:
This is the Kloxo Default Page

If you are seeing this page, it means that web has not been configured for this domain on this server.

This could be due to the following causes:

Kloxo has not restarted the web server yet after you added the domain. Please wait for the web server to restart.

The domain is pointing to the wrong Kloxo server. Ping the domain and make sure that the IP matches one of the IPaddress seen in admin home -> ipaddresses

If you are seeing this page when you try to access an IP like 192.168.1.1, then that means that the IP has not yet been mapped to a domain. Go to client home -> ipaddresses -> ipaddress home -> domain config and map an IP to a domain.

Once you map an IP to a domain, then you have to make sure that the domain pings back to the same IP. Otherwise, if you try to access the domain, you will get this page. So IP -> domain.com should mean that domain.com pings to the same IP.

What has happened to Quake3world? Has it been moved to new address or IP address (hosting) has been changed?
I just couldn't believe Q3W has quit the activity...
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#2   28 Jul 2013
A similar thing happened to the Map Factory, Quake 3 maps website. The person running the site said it went down and he could not fix it immediately, and hasn't fixed it yet even though its been several months and he said it would be fixed within a week.
Quake 3 World is run by ID (I think) so maybe its down for fixes. Having entered the site after what you said makes me wonder though.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#3   29 Jul 2013
CZghost, that means you've been banned from the forums pal. I can load the site and there's a thread in GD that says (and I quote): "CZghost is banned, for posting too much big rubbish." Tough luck there buddy...
CZghost Rep. 1681
#4   29 Jul 2013
Impressive tryout... Post a screenshot instead of quote...
Tig Rep. 1672
#5   29 Jul 2013
While this sounds like it could be a CZghost vs Quake3World forum issue, here are two sites that help people to check if a website is down for everyone or just them.

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
isitup.org/

These sites only check if the questioned site is available, not mis-configured.

Also, if you have an IP deny rule set at the server level against your IP, these two site will not help, but I do find them helpful for double checking stuff.

And just to round things out, here is one for checking DNS settings:

intodns.com/

CZghost Rep. 1681
#6   30 Jul 2013
It works now... It seems websites have been down for a short time... Maybe it was moving to new hosting...

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

pjw3dm5
Clear