recursive error after: MAX_CVARS?
Started by I_like_quake
I_like_quake Rep. 113
#1   03 May 2013
Does anyone else have this problem? Ive been playin a lot of threewave recently and I keep running into this problem when I try to load 16 bots onto any map. I've tried cleaning up the q3config only to find "// generated by quake, do not modify" Ive checked the cvar list at the threewave menu and its at 765, and in game around 1041. I also re-installing quake 3 but that didnt help. Anyone have a solution to this?
Tig Rep. 1662
#2   03 May 2013
There should be no need to edit "q3config.cfg", the engine will wipe it clean on start up anyway.

The problem may be related to having too many custom scripts that are executed on start-up or when adding bots. I guess too many custom maps may cause this too.

Do you have a custom "autoexec.cfg" or other custom script you run at start-up?

What happens if you use IOQuake3? - ioquake3.org/get-it/

I_like_quake Rep. 113
#3   03 May 2013
I think the problem may be too many custom maps, I downloaded a couple extra and it started happening. Im not running any custom script however, just regular start up. Ill try cleaning up my baseq3 and also try that ioquake once i get back home. Im only having this problem on threewave, not on excessive plus, bfg10k, or regular q3a.
I_like_quake Rep. 113
#4   11 May 2013
I dont if it has to do with me running windows 8 or what but I just set quake 3 to run compatible with windows xp and threewave worked just fine after, didnt even "clean" the baseq3

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

coldwarctf_v3
Clear