What about levels they haven't been reviewed years?
Started by CZghost
CZghost Rep. 1681
#1   27 Jan 2013
I'm wondering about levels they have been in queue years and haven't been reviewed yet. Nobody feels need to review my level czq3p61ctf1 nor levels they are here for more years than I have born before... So I ask there's some limit of time the level can be in queue, that you will review on your own by the time expire or when you find a time you will pick random level and review it?
FragTastic Rep. 2353
#2   28 Jan 2013
That's actually not a bad idea Ghost. For the limit of time for maps to be in the queue, I think the sensible time should be 3 - 4 weeks max.
Tig Rep. 1682
#3   28 Jan 2013
In a perfect world, no release would be on the map queue for more than 1 month. Sadly, I have to make money and ..::LvL does not make any money - in fact it cost money to run.

In order to keep ..::LvL alive many years ago, I opened up the reviews to anyone who wanted to submit one. For a long while this system has worked well, but some maps - almost always TA and CTF maps - have sat on the queue for a very long time.

In the past, when I get a chance and have seen maps that have been on the queue for a very long time, I have reviewed them. However over the last 6 months to a a year I have been flat out trying to make money to keep the site alive as well as a roof over my head (things have changed in the business that supports ..::LvL, long story, no need for details here).

Then, over the last few months I have been focusing on the site re-design. So, yes a few maps have been sitting for a while on the queue. In time they will be reviewed.

@CZghost: Your map missed out on the January update (which has just gone up) but should be in the February / March update for sure.

FragTastic Rep. 2353
#4   31 Jan 2013
@Tig: I appreciate the work you have done to the site Tig even I wouldn't do this much for my site to keep it active.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

bbq3dm2
Clear