MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY
Started by T-kölök
T-kölök Rep. 2
#1   02 Dec 2012
Hi!
I need a little help. I did a too big map and i have an error: MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY exceeded. How can I change values of MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY? Please write it in step by step (menu->file->etc). I use the q3map2build program. Thanks your help, and sorry for my bad English.
Tig Rep. 1662
#2   03 Dec 2012
You may get a more helpful response from the Quake3World forums. Basically, (I think) your have to many polygons visible at some point in your map.

There are many possible fixes for this and all depend on you working out where the problem is.

If your map has a LEAK, fix that first and the error may go away.

If you have a very complex brush based object, turn it into a 'detail' (going from memory here) brush group. The object will no longer be solid (you will be able to walk through it) but you can fix that by placing a basic clip brush over.

Look into 'hint' brushes and place them at visual cut points in your map.

If you have (solid) doors, look into 'area portals' and place them in your doorways.

Use \r_showtris (and other commands) to work out where the problem may be on an earlier version of your map.

Without seeing the map, it is very hard to guess where or what the problem may be.

Hope that helps.

T-kölök Rep. 2
#3   24 Dec 2012
Thanks your fast answer. :) I will try these tips. :)

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

twq3tourney2
Clear