My Latest Map :)
Started by FragTastic
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#1   26 Jul 2012
Hey Guys! I have just finished creating my latest and posted it on this website. After posting it on this website, I posted it on another website so guys I'd like you all to have a look at it and test it out before being released on ..::Lvl :). The link to it is below

gamebanana.com/quake3/maps/167462

Thanks
FragTastic ;)

CZghost Rep. 1681
#2   26 Jul 2012
First of all: there are couple of missing textures, missing music and have a small gap in brush architecture... Looks like the map was made as one big floater in a desert with one pyramide... Some of the textures aren't seamless, which may be. and to the water: There are few places the water have own function (steps in it are the 'glock' sounds), but the others it's only shader looking as water with no special function, you can only go inside the water brush, but nothing more, there aren't the 'glock' sounds for the footsteps, and if it was more depthed, you cannot swim in it and cannot drown... So it's not a water...

But the concept is good, you're on a disgusted road... Make more maps, take more experiences and you'll make much nicer and issueless maps...

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#3   26 Jul 2012
@CZGhost: I've created many other maps before and they were all better than this but my other map files where deleted and I could not recover them. Also I had the first version of GtK Radiant before the update but I lost that too and had to download the new updated version which I did have a little trouble of handling. It's been a few years since I created maps so I did lose my touch a little. Thanks for the info CZGhost and hopefully I can fix the problems.

I also create maps for Unreal Tournament games. I can show you some of my work and they are way better than my Q3 maps. Below are some of my amazing UT2004 work.

imageshack.us/f/214/ut20041mz3.jpg/ : DM - Oasis
imageshack.us/f/84/sc1fty2.jpg/ : AS - Rundown
imageshack.us/f/38...ustmj038ck.jpg/ : DM - Dust

The links above are the images of my maps for UT2004. Hope you like them :)
Edited 18.95 minutes after the original posting.
Edited 21.17 minutes after the original posting.
Edited 22.32 minutes after the original posting.

themuffinator Rep. 1044
#4   26 Jul 2012
Pretty good grasp of Egyptian architecture, quite a bit of creativity. I couldn't find any of those 'surprises' though...

Reiterate what CZGhost said; and the framerate is terrible, gameplay is broken; the former can be fixed with hinting and possibly antiportals, the latter is properly broken because of the flatness of the map. BUT, it is pretty good for an unexperienced youngster though, you show potential.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

FragTastic: "DM - Dust"

But that's a map from Counter-Strike...? It looks exactly the same too... How about links to your UT2004 maps?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

CZGhost: "But the concept is good, you're on a disgusted road..."

Hahahah. Oh god I lolled so hard. I believe you meant 'distinguished road' lol.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#5   26 Jul 2012
@themuffinator:
Hahahah. Oh god I lolled so hard. I believe you meant 'distinguished road' lol.

Yea, I need more experiences with English lang...
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#6   27 Jul 2012
@themuffinator: UT2004 can create CS remakes and also some Q3 remakes too. UT have the same programming files as CS so they can create exactly remakes which look exactly the same. I'll try to find the links to the maps but I did have the images for them. A guy created Hell's Gate for UT2004 as a remake. Take a look :) www.map-factory.or...-hellsgate-3279.

I understand the Framerate sucked but I'll be sure to make an update on it soon however I actually posted this map on another Q3 forum without bot support but others intended to have the map with bots so I updated it with bot support. I wasn't actually prepared to have bots in it so that's why the Gameplay sucked and I apologies for this.
Edited 6.43 minutes after the original posting.
Edited 7.32 minutes after the original posting.
Edited 3.71 hours after the original posting.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

oingy_boingy
Clear