Trouble With One Of ENTE's Map
Started by FragTastic
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#1   22 Jul 2012
I found one of ENTE's new maps which he posted on to another website and I'm having trouble loading it up. I placed it into the baseq3 folder and when I went on to the menu, it said PadShop as normal but had a Quake 3 Logo on it instead of the map image. I clicked on the map and pressed start but it wouldn't load up. I kept pressing start but it still wouldn't load. Try what i did and tell me what the problem is and how I can resolve it. Any help would be very grateful!

Here is the link to the map

q3a.ath.cx/map/adultshop/
Edited 1 minutes after the original posting.
Edited 27.75 minutes after the original posting.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#2   22 Jul 2012
Someone has a dirty little fancy, now doesn't he?

This is one of those maps you have to type in console. I believe it's /map adultshop or /devmap adultshop (cheats enabled)

Have fun ;)

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#3   22 Jul 2012
@SW12: I sometimes have cravings :). Thanks mate it works perfectly :D.
Edited 20.2 minutes after the original posting.
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#4   23 Jul 2012
Edit: There was no bot support in the map when there should of been since the other version of PadShop had a bot file. Help!
#5   23 Jul 2012
You could either
#1: Generate an .aas file

#2: If you want to fight something not necessarily a bot, try this mod --> www.quakeunity.com/file=2580

The monsters don't need an .aas file. You can fight them in (almost) any map.
Edited 1.05 minutes after the original posting.

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#6   23 Jul 2012
@SW12: Thanks for that mate. I'll be downloading the mod shortly.
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#7   23 Jul 2012
Edit: The mod is brilliant but the thing that annoys me is the opponents turn invisible making it harder to kill them.
#8   25 Jul 2012
What gametype were you playing?

If you don't want to fight players that are invisible, go to Equipment in the Advanced Options menu.. You will find just how customizable this mod is.

Try the Save the Universe gametype for fighting monsters, and bots (if you add any) help you like Coop.

The Escape from Hell gametype is sort of like that, only you can play 2 maps and if you want help you have to rely on other human players since bots are disabled.
Edited 4.1 minutes after the original posting.

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#9   25 Jul 2012
@SW12: Ok thanks :D.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

scorn-bloodstone
Clear