- - - [ February 2001 ]
description: - last updated: February 22, 2001
- this is a small space map in the style of Q3DM18, Space Chamber
... a space floater with distinct areas of battle
- most of the map can be seen by vis at all times,
and so the r_speeds are high (8K to 12K)
email address: **email removed**
other maps: Angry Hatred (July 2000)
deathmatch: best suited for SMALL DM matches
Bot File (aas): yes
new graphics: yes
new shaders: yes
new sounds: yes (added fx to spawn, teleporters, bounce/launch pads)
how to play: - place map-spacemap-nkd.pk3 in your /baseq3/ folder
- hit ~
- type sv_pure 0 (necessary to run custom maps)
- type /map spacemap-nkd
- (see ** below)
OR ... to load game with bots ...
- start quake3arena
- select Single Player/Skirmish/SPACEMAP-NKD
GENERAL INFO :
- this map is a hybrid dm and space map ... dm in that there are distinct
areas of battle where you cannot be seen by other players ... and it's
like a spacemap in that VIS sees nearly the entire map at all times (and you
can fall off the edge and die)
- the r_speeds are high due to the nature of the layout ... i apologise
to those people with systems that get choked :P
- here's a tip: the purple wormhole is a teleporter.
there are two triggers above the wormhole that send a player
back up onto the decks by the launch pads.
- the map is textured with Quake III Arena id textures,
my own custom special fx, and trimmed with evil lair's fifth texture pack.
(thanks to evil lair and Maj for "evil5")
- i've appended "nkd_" into the shader names and texture directories
of the evil lair pack to avoid conflicts with any maps using the default scripts.
- here's some info on evil lair:
* Author: Yves Allaire aka "evil lair"
* Email: **email removed**
* URL: planetquake.com/hfx
editor: GTKRadiant 1.1-TA-beta
other programs: Q3 Build, Q3Shader Editor
known bugs: bots sometimes hang around the bouncepads. bots won't go for mega health.
build time: four weeks
compile time: - bsp_fullvis (light -extra -threads 2) = 7.5 hours (an extra 3 hours with HINT BRUSHES)
compile machine: dual PIII 650, 512MB RAM, 10K RPM Scsi2 HD, GeForce2 GTS 64MB DDR
hint brushes are used in some very unorthodox ways in this map ... in one test i was actually able to
get geometry that was right in front of me to disappear. hints were blocking vis for something that was
directly in my line of sight in a wide open area! the hint brushes i've added have dropped the rendered
tri counts in some areas by nearly 2K.
the added vis cuts increased the number of clusters from 300 to 1200. for a map this size, that is way too
many. bot play appears to be unaffected, tho ... so i'll leave it at that :P
THANX TO ...
- groovemasta, seti, shaggy, GONNAKILLYA, BurnOut, Hoi Polloi,
Cakkafracle, mfdvr, Andy / Chuck, FireTrucker, pjw, SgtGhost, K-a-B-a-l,
Bill Brooks, Cartman2000, tig|BulleT, snickelfritz, Hobobo, Sock
- evil lair and Maj as mentioned above :)
- id for starting the whole damn thing in the first place
- as is tradition, i've hidden a "thankyou" somewhere in the map.
if i've forgotten or left out anyone, i'm sincerely sorry
Distribution / Copyright / Permissions
Copyright (c) 2000 mark, nakedape **email removed**
All rights reserved.
Quake III Arena is a registered trademark of
id Software, Inc.
This level may be electronically distributed only at
NO CHARGE to the recipient in its current state, MUST
include this .txt file, and may NOT be modified IN
ANY WAY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS THIS LEVEL TO BE
DISTRIBUTED ON CD-ROM WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION.
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
YAKKITTY-SCHMACKITTY, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
- - - [ fin ]