How do you make fog?
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2332
#1   30 Jul 2019
I'm trying to make a room that is filled with a tan-orange fog, but every time I make a brush textured with fog clouds it's solid and always the basic white color. I tried looking this up in the manual, on worldspawn, and through searching it on Google and came up with nothing helpful.

Could anyone make a step-by-step walkthrough on how to go about this?

gooball Rep. 1091
#2   30 Jul 2019
Fog can be finicky sometimes. For orange fog, try the fog_timdm2 shader in sfx. There are some others similar to it (the ones with white "FOG" text on a yellow background), so see which one works best for you.
Tig Rep. 1622
#3   31 Jul 2019
Suggest making a test map. Fog (from memory) needs to be surround on all sides except one. For example, on a test map, make a box pit and then add a brush with the fog texture in that pit.

fKd's post on this thread is very helpful and backs up the one plane visible issue. www.quake3world.co...m/viewtopic.php

CZghost Rep. 1651
#4   09 Aug 2019
And what about completely fog hulled maps (like Uriel's arena - I forgot how is it named and what's its file name)? The fog is brush across entire map or the fog is achieved through different means? I don't want to decompile the map to see it...
Tig Rep. 1622
#5   09 Aug 2019
With q3tourney5, there is a black box around the level with a skybox on top and the fog brush is inside the black box. Try:
\devmap q3tourney5
Then:
\noclip ; r_showtris 1
You will be able to see the outlines of the polygons and how the map was constructed without a decompile.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2332
#6   10 Aug 2019
Thank you. I figured out that when making fog all sides must have the fog shader, not just one.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

quaddamage
Clear