cool...summary of nice features...just did a very brief look and couple of thoughts (not a review but initial impressions).
1) download full version then add the 3.1.2 patch.
2) one may need to change the permissions of the run files (eg. openarena.x86_64, etc) to executeable.
3.) had some issues with player model, legs & head
4.) graphics, textures look better
5.) liking the slow zoom in/out
looking forward to a more in depth run through.
thank you for this mod.
Edited 3.21 hours after the original posting.
@Tig: thank you, very nice. apologies for not noticing.
also, sorting the list of mods, if possible, would be nice
@raspatan: sweet...thank you for the notification, appreciation here...cheers
@Tig, thank you for the notification. i do have a question. i have created a short demo of getting the quad in map Deadmeat. i used openarena that resulted in a *.dm_71 file. is it possible to include it in a comment of that map? thank you, from a clueless one.
here is a small selection of maps i feel are visually nice.
1) a hymn to rocket launcher (immortal) - gorgeous, shiny reflections
2) looking for free doom ; 3) japanese castles ; 4) solitude ; 5) estatica ; 6) dantesca ; 7) rustgrad ;
8) server overload ; 9) maps by martinus are usually visually nice (eg. ossa delubrum)
there are probably many i missed, but, these stand out for me :-)
EDIT added links to maps mentioned above in numerical order
1) lvlworld.com/review/id:1196 ; 2) lvlworld.com/review/id:2199
3) lvlworld.com/review/id:44 ; 4) lvlworld.com/review/id:2126
5) lvlworld.com/review/id:1555 ; 6) lvlworld.com/review/id:1171
7) lvlworld.com/review/id:2291 ; 8) lvlworld.com/review/id:2365
Edited 21.45 hours after the original posting.
hope this is an appropriate place to mention that there is an openarena server that is usually just rockets. other voted on choices are: railgun & rockets, insta (railgun only); and a grapple hook. bots can be voted in with different skill levels (1-5). there are many unique maps. there are bots if no humans around, or a mix. all choices voted on. as Tig states: " its fast, frantic and you can jump in for a quick game and be gone 5 minutes later, or you can stay for ages", which is why i seem to go there alot lately. the server is: "/n/city uk". it's one of many "rat mod" servers european based. there is lag compensation, so, those with high pings (> 100, me :-) ) have a chance. some good players with pings over 150-200. it's quick and fun.