Quake Live maps here?
CZghostRep. 1049
CZghost  
22 Dec 2016, 03:42 AEDT
Hello. I found map named “Frag Cementery” in queue and after brief checkout of pk3 content I see it's Quake Live map and by levelshot I see not very good one (for visuals). ZIP download: fragcementery.zip
Is it allowed to host Quake Live maps here? I mean made specifically for Quake Live (so BSP is version 47 and such unplayable in regular Quake 3). This is the case of this map. Since I do not have Steam account and I do not have a copy of Quake Live, I can't test this map right now, maybe some years laters, if nobody gives in review during the QL idle time :( But as one would expect, it would be Quake 3 map and then he loads it up in Quake 3 and gets BSP version mismatch error. So good I check pk3 content first, so I could predict results of loading such maps...

leileiRep. 176
leilei  
22 Dec 2016, 04:49 AEDT
No
Quake Live maps made for Quake Live available on the Workshop can stay on the workshop
Players of Quake Live would find downloading a map for Quake Live from ..:LvL manually and expecting their players to also download would be very annoyed and the process is cumbersome. There would be no real benefit to host Quake Live maps here.
Scope creep is bad
And don't even think about submitting conversions of QL maps to Q3 against authors' wishes. It's bad enough QL is recieving too much of the versa (disguised as "Race maps" etc)
Edited 1.78 minutes after the original posting.

TigRep. 593
Tig  
22 Dec 2016, 16:06 AEDT
I've removed Fragcementery from the map queue. Only Quake 3 is supported by ..::LvL.

CZghostRep. 1049
CZghost  
23 Dec 2016, 23:59 AEDT
Thank you :) It's a little bit confusing when you download a map, and Quake 3 rejects it as it's wrong IBSP version. Maybe you should add a notice that only maps for Quake III Arena and its mods (including Team Arena) will be accepted, Quake Live maps will be rejected as it's different game and for the same reason as described above. Quake Live maps are incompatible with Quake III Arena...

Post a Reply

Only members can post a reply.