Q3A Maps show up but don't work in OSP
Started by myleg123
myleg123 Rep. 90
#1   26 Jun 2016
I recently downloaded the OSP mod because it allows for more maps in the maplist. But once downloaded some maps, the screenshot of the map is just the Q3A symbol and the name is different too. "For example, I have the map 13Base, but it says that the name is 13ba". I've been searching for solutions but to no avail.
Tig Rep. 1662
#2   26 Jun 2016
A few questions. What version of Quake 3 are you using?

What happens when you load a map from the console?

Do you have many map (pk3) files in your baseq3 directory?

myleg123 Rep. 90
#3   26 Jun 2016
For the first question, I am running the Point Release 1.32 version of Q3A

For the second question, when I load a map from the console that has this error, it works.

For the third question, I have a lot of maps in the baseq3 directory. (In the 60's)

In addition, I am running the 1.03A version of the OSP mod.

Edited 27 seconds after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 1662
#4   26 Jun 2016
I think you may have a damaged script file in one of those 60 PK3 files. The best way to test this is the make a "temp" folder and move all the custom PK3 files into the new folder, then start Quake 3 (and the OSP mod).

If that fixes the issue, then you now need to work out what PK3 causes the problem. You do this by putting back a few PK3 files, loading the game and checking for an error. Then repeat until you find the problem.

myleg123 Rep. 90
#5   26 Jun 2016
I guess this is my only option. I'll try it out, and if it works or doesn't work, I'll report back. Thanks!
myleg123 Rep. 90
#6   27 Jun 2016
I just did all that, and I noticed something weird. The 2nd and 3rd maps on the 22nd set of maps on Skirmish are the only ones with the error. I also noticed that sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't.

Edited 15 seconds after the original posting.

myleg123 Rep. 90
#7   27 Jun 2016
I fixed it. I saw that the map 13island caused the mistakes, and now after I deleted the map it doesn't happen anymore. Thanks for the help!

Edited 33 seconds after the original posting.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

rdogdm4
Clear