Server change
Started by Tig
Tig Rep. 1622
#1   28 Jun 2016
Some time soon ..::LvL will be moved to a new server. This will mean some downtime while DNS is propagated. It also means the the database will be locked for a while (maybe an hour, should be less).

For a lot of people, there should be next to no difference. If the move goes smoothly you may not even notice the server has changed (this is a good thing).

For some however, when this happens you might see a message instead of the site - don't panic! If you continue to see the message after 24 hours however, then your DNS is being cached either by your computer, modem or ISP.

If this happens, talk to your ISP or perform a ping test to lvlworld.com. I'll post the new IP (and old one) once things are more set up.

Tig Rep. 1622
#2   06 Jul 2016
Server has been moved. Please report any issues at all so I can fix them as soon as possible.
CZghost Rep. 1651
#3   07 Jul 2016
No issues. But I has one question? How can people report issues, when the sites will be down for them and see the message? I think they even cannot see this topic, nor the contact page. So how they can repport any errors when they have no clue to contact? I think most people are not aware of DNS listings and how to navigate them to get contact informations to the site owner(s). I even do not think that DNS listings surfing is free or legal for regular user...
Tig Rep. 1622
#4   07 Jul 2016
DNS caching is a huge issue however this should only be a very small number of people, if any now. Either way there is nothing I can do to help anyone with a DNS issue. Maybe I could advise them to use Googles DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) - but that would be about it.

What I am interested in are people with issues with the site, not DNS. I should have made that clearer.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

dk_pc
Clear